- S. Guo, C. Xu*, R. Loxton and X. Tu, Parameter estimation for the Ginzburg-Landau equation via gradient-based dynamic optimization and implicit sampling, submitted.
- B. Ye, S. Cai, C. Xu* and A. Wu, Visual global positioning solutions for IARC Mission 7, to appear in Engineering. (an invited paper, a special issue related to the China-America Frontiers of Engineering Symposium)
The Year of 2019
- W. Qiu, C. Xu*, Attitude maneuver planning of agile satellites for time delay integration imaging, AIAA Guidance, Dynamics and Control, 2019
- T. Chen, Y. Yang, J. Lou, Z. Ren and C. Xu, Computational optimal control of a high-speed macro-micro manipulator, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, 2019.
- S. Cai, J. Liang and C. Xu*, Particle image velocimetry via LiteFlowNet: toward a deep learning motion estimator for fluid flows, IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement.
- J. Zhu, C. Xu*, Time-in-Action Reinforcement Learning, IET Cyber-Systems and Robotics.
- S. Cai, S. Zhou, C. Xu*, Fluid motion estimation of particle images via a convolutional neural network, Experiments in Fluids.
- X. Ru, X. Wan and C. Xu*, Monocular vision-inertial fusion approach for MAV state estimation (in Chinese). 【茹祥宇、万旭东、许超，单目视觉惯性融合方法在无人机位姿估计中的应用】
- S. Guo, C. Xu*, S. Cai and C. Yiu, Free-surface flow reconstruction from image sequences via stochastic optical flow equation, IET Cyber-Systems and Robotics.
- J. Zhu, J. Zhu, X. Wan, C. Wu and C. Xu*, Object detection and locolization in 3D environment by fusing raw fisheye image and attidue data, Journal of Visual Communication & Image Representation.
- Y. Wang, Z. Zhang, Y. Cheng, G. Lin and C. Xu, An ADMM-based sparse PC-EnKF for high-dimensional nonlinear inverse modeling, to appear in Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering.
- Z. Ren, C. Xu*, Z. Zhou, Z. Wu and T. Chen, Boundary stabilization of a class of reaction-advection-diffusion systems via a gradient-based optimization approach, to appear in the Journal of Franklin Institute.
- J. Zhu, S. Hu, R. Arcucci, C. Xu, J. Zhu, Y. Guo, Model Error Correction in Data Assimilation by Integrating Neural Networks, to appear in Big Data Mining and Analytics, 2019.
- A. Castillo, R. Sanz, P. Garcia, W. Qiu, H. Wang and C. Xu, Disturbance observer-based quadrotor attitude tracking control for aggressive maneuvers, Control Engineering Practice.
- S. Zhou, C. Xu*, L. Luo, Receding horizon reduced-order modeling for flows past a cylinder via discrete observations, to appear in IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man and Cybernetics: Systems.
- Z. Ren, Z. Zhou, T. Chen and C. Xu*, Computational Bilinear Optimal Control for a Class of One-dimensional MHD Flow Systems, to appear in ISA Transactions.
- T. Chen, S. Zhou, Z. Ren and C. Xu*, Optimal boundary control for 2D colloid transport model in dead-end micro-channel via gradient-based dynamic optimization, to appear in IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology.
- J. Zhu, Z. Wang, S. Guo and C. Xu*, Hierarchical Decision and Control for Continuous Multi-target Problem: Policy Evaluation with Action Delay, to appear in IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks and Learning Systems.
- Z. Ren, C. Xu, Z. Wu. Optimal tracking control of flow velocity in a one-dimensional magnetohydrodynamic flow, Engineering Optimization, 2018. Online
- J. Duan, Y. Ou, J. Hu, Z. Wang, S. Jin, C. Xu, Fast and stable learning of dynamical systems based on extreme learning machine, IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics: Systems. (DOI: 10.1109/TSMC.2017.2705279)
The Year of 2018
- H. Luo, Z. Luo, C. Xu, W. Jiang, Optical plasma boundary reconstruction based on least square for EAST tokamak, Frontiers of Information Technology & Electronic Engineering.
- T. Chen, Z. Ren and C. Xu, Computational optimal control of 1D colloid transport by solute gradients in dead-end micro-channels, Journal of Industrial & Management Optimization, 2018, 14 (3): 1251-1269. doi: 10.3934/jimo.2018052
- S. Cai, Y. Huang, B. Ye and C. Xu*, Dynamic illumination optical flow computing for sensing multiple mobile robots from a drone, IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics: Systems, Volume 48, Issue 8, pp. 1370 – 1382, 2018. (DOI: 10.1109/TSMC.2017.2709404)
- S. Cai, E. Memin, P. Derian and C. Xu*, Motion estimation under location uncertainty for turbulent fluid flows, Experiments in Fluids, (2018) 59: 8. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00348-017-2458-z
- H. Wang, L. Shi, T. Zhou, C. Xu and Y. Deng, A novel passive micromixer with modified asymmetric lateral wall structures, Asia-Pacific Journal of Chemical Engineering, 2018; 13:e2202. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1002/apj.2202
- K. Li, W. Xue, C. Xu and H. Mao, A multiple model approach for predictive control of indoor thermal environment with high resolution, Journal of Building Performance Simulation. Volume 11, Issue 2, pp. 164 – 178, 2018. DOI: 10.1080/19401493.2017.1317289
The Year of 2017
- J. Zhu, J. Zhu and C. Xu*, A simultaneous trajectory generation method for quadcopter intercepting ground mobile vehicle, International Journal of Advanced Robotic Systems. Volume: 14, Issue: 4, July 7, 2017. (DOI: https://doi.org/10.1177/1729881417717702)
- Y. Guo, C. Xu, J. Wu, Stability analysis of neutral stochastic delay differential equations by a generalisation of Banach’s contraction principle, International Journal of Control, Vol. 90, No. 8, pp.1555 – 1560, 2017. DOI: 10.1080/00207179.2016.1213524.
- Z. Zhou, Z. Ren and C. Xu*, Stabilization of a general heat-ODE system coupling at intermediate point, International Journal of Robust & Nonlinear Control, Vol. 27, pp.3951 – 3970, 2017. DOI: 10.1002/rnc.3775. (First published: 22 February 2017)
- T. Chen, C. Xu*, Control-oriented modeling of colloid transport by solute gradients in dead-end channels, Vol. 12, pp.247 – 258, Asia-Pacific Journal of Chemical Engineering, 2017. DOI: 10.1002/apj.2068.
The Year of 2016
- Z. Ren, C. Xu* and Y. Ou, Dynamic optimization of trajectory for ramp-up current profile in tokamak plasmas, Vol. 11, pp. 918 – 929, Asia-Pacific Journal of Chemical Engineering, 2016. DOI: 10.1002/apj.2026. [arXiv Preprint]
- X. Yu, G. Zheng and C. Xu*, The C-regularized semigroup method for partial differential equations with delays, Discrete & Continuous Dynamical Systems – Series A (DCDS-A), Vol. 36, pp.5163 – 5181, 2016.
- Z. Ren, C. Xu*, Q. Lin and R. Loxton, A gradient-based kernel optimization approach for parabolic distributed parameter control systems, Pacific Journal of Optimization, Vol. 12, pp.263 – 287, 2016. [arXiv Preprint]
- Y. Guo, C. Xu, Controllability of Stochastic Delay Systems with Impulse in a Separable Hilbert Space, Asian Journal of Control, Vol. 18, No. 2, pp. 779-783, March 2016.
- T. Chen, C. Xu*, Computational optimal control of the Saint-Venant PDE model using the time-scaling technique, Asia-Pacific Journal of Chemical Engineering, Vol. 11, pp.70 – 80, 2016.
- Z. Ren, C. Xu*, Q. Lin, R. Loxton and K. Teo, Dynamic optimization of open-loop input signals for ramp-up current profiles in tokamak plasmas,Communications in Nonlinear Science & Numerical Simulation, Vol. 32, pp.31 – 48, 2016.
- Y. Zhu, M. Krstic, H. Su, C. Xu. Linear backstepping output feedback control for uncertain linear systems, International Journal of Adaptive Control and Signal Processing, vol. 30, pp. 1080-1098, 2016.
The Year of 2015
- T. Chen, C. Xu*, Q. Lin, R. Loxton and K. Teo, Water hammer mitigation via PDE-constrained optimization, Control Engineering Practice, Vol. 45, pp.54 – 63, 2015.
- Q. Lin, R. Loxton, C. Xu* and K. Teo, Parameter estimation for nonlinear time-delay systems with noisy output measurements, Automatica, Vol. 60, pp.48 – 56, 2015.
- Z. Zhou and C. Xu*, Stabilization of a second order ODE-heat system coupling at intermediate point, Automatica, Vol. 60, pp.57 – 64, 2015.
- T. Chen, C. Xu*, Z. Ren and R. Loxton, Optimal boundary control for water hammer suppression in fluid transmission pipelines, Computers & Mathematics with Applications, Vol. 69, pp. 275 – 290, 2015. [arXiv Preprint]
- S. Guo, K. Xu, C. Xu*, Z. Ren and B. Xiao, Start-up phase plasma discharge design of a tokamak via control parameterization method, Chinese Physics B, Vol. 24, Issue 3, pp. 035202, 2015.
- C. Xu, Y. Dong, Z. Ren, H. Jiang and X. Yu, Sensor deployment for pipeline leakage detection via optimal boundary control strategies, Journal of Industrial & Management Optimization, Vol. 11, pp. 199 – 216, 2015.
The Year of 2014
- X. Yu, C. Xu*, H. Jiang, J. Chu, Local exponential stabilization of Fisher’s equation using the backstepping technique, Systems & Control Letters, Vol. 74, pp.1 – 7, 2014.
- D. Huang, X. Li, J. Xu, C. Xu* and W. He, Iterative learning control for linear distributed parameter systems – frequency domain design and analysis, Systems & Control Letters, Vol. 72, pp. 22 – 29, 2014.
- X. Yu, R. Cheng, H. Jiang, Q. Zhang and C. Xu*, The approximation for the boundary optimal control problem of Burgers-Fisher equation with constraints, Applied Mathematics & Computation, Vol. 243, pp. 889 – 898, 2014.
- X. Yu, C. Xu*, The approximation for the boundary optimal control problem of heat equation defined in a variable domain, Chinese Physics B, Vol. 23, pp.040201-1-7, 2014.
The Year of 2013
- B. Li, C. Xu*, K. Teo and J. Chu, Time optimal Zermelo’s navigation problem with moving and fixed obstacles, Applied Mathematics & Computation, Vol. 224, pp.866 – 875, 2013.
- D. Huang, J. Xu, X. Li, C. Xu, M. Yu, D-type anticipatory iterative learning control for a class of inhomogeneous heat equations, Automatica, Vol. 49, pp.2397 – 2408, 2013 (Regular Paper).
- C. Xu and E. Schuster, Low dimensional modeling of linear heat transfer systems using the incremental proper orthogonal decomposition method, Asia-Pacific Journal of Chemical Engineering, Vol. 8, pp.473 – 482, 2013.
- C. Xu, Y. Ou, E. Schuster, X. Yu, Computing open-loop optimal control of the q-profile in ramp-up tokamak plasmas using the minimal-surface theory, Plasma Science & Technology, Vol. 15, pp.403 – 410, 2013.
The Year of 2011
- J. Barton, Y. Ou, C. Xu, E. Schuster and M. Walker, Simserver simulation of a model-based current profile controller in the DIII-D plasma control system, Fusion Engineering & Design, Vol. 86, pp.1116 – 1119, 2011.
- C. Xu, Y. Ou and E. Schuster, Sequential linear quadratic control of bilinear parabolic PDEs based on POD model reduction, Automatica, Vol. 47, pp.418 – 426, 2011.
- Y. Ou, C. Xu, E. Schuster, T.C. Luce, J.R. Ferron, M.L. Walker and D.A. Humphreys, Receding horizon optimal control of current profile evolution during the ramp-up phase at tokamaks, Control Engineering Practice, Vol. 19, pp.22 – 31, 2011.
- Y. Ou, C. Xu, E. Schuster and ET. al., Optimal tracking control of current profile in tokamaks, IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, Vol. 19, pp.432 – 441, 2011.
The Year of 2010
- Y. Ou, C. Xu, E. Schuster, Robust control design for the poloidal magnetic flux profile evolution in the presence of model uncertainties, IEEE Transactions on Plasma Science, Vol. 38, pp.375 – 382, 2010.
- C. Xu, Y. Ou and E. Schuster, Transport parameter estimations of current density dynamics using the extended Kalman filter, IEEE Transactions on Plasma Science, Vol. 38, pp.359 – 364, 2010.
- C. Xu, Y. Ou, J.N. Dalessio, E. Schuster, T.C. Luce, J.R. Ferron, M.L. Walker, D.A. Humphreys, Ramp-up-phase current profile control of tokamak plasmas via nonlinear programming, IEEE Transactions on Plasma Science, Vol. 38, pp.163 – 173, 2010.
The Year of 2008
- Y. Ou, C. Xu, E. Schuster, T.C. Luce, J.R. Ferron and M.L. Walker, Design and simulation of extremum-seeking open-loop optimal control of current profile in the DIII-D tokamak, Plasma Physics & Controlled Fusion, Vol. 50, p.115001 (24pp), 2008.
- C. Xu, E. Schuster, R. Vazquez and M. Krstic, Stabilization of linearized 2D magnetohydrodynamic channel flow by backstepping boundary control, Systems & Control Letters, Vol. 57, pp.805 – 812, 2008.
The Year of 2007
- E. Schuster, C. Xu, N. Torres, E. Morinaga, C. K. Allen, and M. Krstic, Beam matching adaptive control via extremum seeking, Nuclear Instruments & Methods in Physics Research A, Vol. 581, pp.799 – 815, 2007.
- Y. Ou, T.C. Luce, E. Schuster, J.R. Ferron, M.L. Walker, C. Xu, and D.A. Humphreys, Towards model-based current profile control at DIII-D, Fusion Engineering & Design, Vol. 82, pp.1153 – 1160, 2007. pdf