Journal Publication (*Corresponding Author)
- S. Cai, J. Liang and C. Xu*, Particle image velocimetry via LiteFlowNet: toward a deep learning motion estimator for fluid flows, to be submitted.
- T. Chen, Y. Yang, J. Lou, Z. Ren and C. Xu, Computational optimal control of a high-speed macro-micro manipulator.
- S. Guo, C. Xu*, R. Loxton and X. Tu, Parameter estimation for the Ginzburg-Landau equation via gradient-based dynamic optimization and implicit sampling, submitted.
- W. Qiu, C. Xu*, Attitude maneuver planning of agile satellites for time delay integration imaging, submitted.
- B. Ye, S. Cai, C. Xu* and A. Wu, Visual global positioning solutions for IARC Mission 7, to appear in Engineering. (an invited paper, a special issue related to the China-America Frontiers of Engineering Symposium)
- J. Zhu, C. Xu*, Time-in-Action Reinforcement Learning.
- S. Cai, S. Zhou, C. Xu*, Fluid motion estimation of particle images via a convolutional neural network.
- X. Ru, X. Wan and C. Xu*, Monocular vision-inertial fusion approach for MAV state estimation (in Chinese). 【茹祥宇、万旭东、许超，单目视觉惯性融合方法在无人机位姿估计中的应用】
- S. Guo, C. Xu*, S. Cai and C. Yiu, Free-surface flow reconstruction from image sequences via stochastic optical flow equation.
- J. Zhu, J. Zhu, X. Wan, C. Wu and C. Xu*, Object detection and locolization in 3D environment by fusing raw fisheye image and attidue data, Journal of Visual Communication & Image Representation.
- Y. Wang, Z. Zhang, Y. Cheng, G. Lin and C. Xu, An ADMM-based sparse PC-EnKF for high-dimensional nonlinear inverse modeling, to appear in Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering.
- Z. Ren, C. Xu*, Z. Zhou, Z. Wu and T. Chen, Boundary stabilization of a class of reaction-advection-diffusion systems via a gradient-based optimization approach, to appear in the Journal of Franklin Institute.
- J. Zhu, S. Hu, R. Arcucci, C. Xu, J. Zhu, Y. Guo, Model Error Correction in Data Assimilation by Integrating Neural Networks, to appear in Big Data Mining and Analytics, 2019.
- A. Castillo, R. Sanz, P. Garcia, W. Qiu, H. Wang and C. Xu, Disturbance observer-based quadrotor attitude tracking control for aggressive maneuvers, Control Engineering Practice.
- S. Zhou, C. Xu*, L. Luo, Receding horizon reduced-order modeling for flows past a cylinder via discrete observations, to appear in IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man and Cybernetics: Systems.
- Z. Ren, Z. Zhou, T. Chen and C. Xu*, Computational Bilinear Optimal Control for a Class of One-dimensional MHD Flow Systems, to appear in ISA Transactions.
- T. Chen, S. Zhou, Z. Ren and C. Xu*, Optimal boundary control for 2D colloid transport model in dead-end micro-channel via gradient-based dynamic optimization, to appear in IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology.
- J. Zhu, Z. Wang, S. Guo and C. Xu*, Hierarchical Decision and Control for Continuous Multi-target Problem: Policy Evaluation with Action Delay, to appear in IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks and Learning Systems.
- Z. Ren, C. Xu, Z. Wu. Optimal tracking control of flow velocity in a one-dimensional magnetohydrodynamic flow, Engineering Optimization, 2018. Online
- J. Duan, Y. Ou, J. Hu, Z. Wang, S. Jin, C. Xu, Fast and stable learning of dynamical systems based on extreme learning machine, IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics: Systems. (DOI: 10.1109/TSMC.2017.2705279)
The Year of 2018
- H. Luo, Z. Luo, C. Xu, W. Jiang, Optical plasma boundary reconstruction based on least square for EAST tokamak, Frontiers of Information Technology & Electronic Engineering.
- T. Chen, Z. Ren and C. Xu, Computational optimal control of 1D colloid transport by solute gradients in dead-end micro-channels, Journal of Industrial & Management Optimization, 2018, 14 (3): 1251-1269. doi: 10.3934/jimo.2018052
- S. Cai, Y. Huang, B. Ye and C. Xu*, Dynamic illumination optical flow computing for sensing multiple mobile robots from a drone, IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics: Systems, Volume 48, Issue 8, pp. 1370 - 1382, 2018. (DOI: 10.1109/TSMC.2017.2709404)
- S. Cai, E. Memin, P. Derian and C. Xu*, Motion estimation under location uncertainty for turbulent fluid flows, Experiments in Fluids, (2018) 59: 8. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00348-017-2458-z
H. Wang, L. Shi, T. Zhou, C. Xu and Y. Deng, A novel passive micromixer with modified asymmetric lateral wall structures, Asia-Pacific Journal of Chemical Engineering, 2018; 13:e2202.
- K. Li, W. Xue, C. Xu and H. Mao, A multiple model approach for predictive control of indoor thermal environment with high resolution, Journal of Building Performance Simulation. Volume 11, Issue 2, pp. 164 - 178, 2018. DOI: 10.1080/19401493.2017.1317289
The Year of 2017
- J. Zhu, J. Zhu and C. Xu*, A simultaneous trajectory generation method for quadcopter intercepting ground mobile vehicle, International Journal of Advanced Robotic Systems. Volume: 14, Issue: 4, July 7, 2017. (DOI: https://doi.org/10.1177/1729881417717702)
- Y. Guo, C. Xu, J. Wu, Stability analysis of neutral stochastic delay differential equations by a generalisation of Banach's contraction principle, International Journal of Control, Vol. 90, No. 8, pp.1555 - 1560, 2017. DOI: 10.1080/00207179.2016.1213524.
- Z. Zhou, Z. Ren and C. Xu*, Stabilization of a general heat-ODE system coupling at intermediate point, International Journal of Robust & Nonlinear Control, Vol. 27, pp.3951 - 3970, 2017. DOI: 10.1002/rnc.3775. (First published: 22 February 2017)
- T. Chen, C. Xu*, Control-oriented modeling of colloid transport by solute gradients in dead-end channels, Vol. 12, pp.247 - 258, Asia-Pacific Journal of Chemical Engineering, 2017.
The Year of 2016
- Z. Ren, C. Xu* and Y. Ou, Dynamic optimization of trajectory for ramp-up current profile in tokamak plasmas, Vol. 11, pp. 918 - 929, Asia-Pacific Journal of Chemical Engineering, 2016. DOI: 10.1002/apj.2026. [arXiv Preprint]
- X. Yu, G. Zheng and C. Xu*, The C-regularized semigroup method for partial differential equations with delays, Discrete & Continuous Dynamical Systems - Series A (DCDS-A), Vol. 36, pp.5163 - 5181, 2016.
- Z. Ren, C. Xu*, Q. Lin and R. Loxton, A gradient-based kernel optimization approach for parabolic distributed parameter control systems, Pacific Journal of Optimization, Vol. 12, pp.263 - 287, 2016. [arXiv Preprint]
- Y. Guo, C. Xu, Controllability of Stochastic Delay Systems with Impulse in a Separable Hilbert Space, Asian Journal of Control, Vol. 18, No. 2, pp. 779-783, March 2016.
- T. Chen, C. Xu*, Computational optimal control of the Saint-Venant PDE model using the time-scaling technique, Asia-Pacific Journal of Chemical Engineering, Vol. 11, pp.70 - 80, 2016.
- Z. Ren, C. Xu*, Q. Lin, R. Loxton and K. Teo, Dynamic optimization of open-loop input signals for ramp-up current profiles in tokamak plasmas, Communications in Nonlinear Science & Numerical Simulation, Vol. 32, pp.31 - 48, 2016.
- Y. Zhu, M. Krstic, H. Su, C. Xu. Linear backstepping output feedback control for uncertain linear systems, International Journal of Adaptive Control and Signal Processing, vol. 30, pp. 1080-1098, 2016.
The Year of 2015
- T. Chen, C. Xu*, Q. Lin, R. Loxton and K. Teo, Water hammer mitigation via PDE-constrained optimization, Control Engineering Practice, Vol. 45, pp.54 - 63, 2015.
- Q. Lin, R. Loxton, C. Xu* and K. Teo, Parameter estimation for nonlinear time-delay systems with noisy output measurements, Automatica, Vol. 60, pp.48 - 56, 2015.
- Z. Zhou and C. Xu*, Stabilization of a second order ODE-heat system coupling at intermediate point, Automatica, Vol. 60, pp.57 - 64, 2015.
- T. Chen, C. Xu*, Z. Ren and R. Loxton, Optimal boundary control for water hammer suppression in fluid transmission pipelines, Computers & Mathematics with Applications, Vol. 69, pp. 275 - 290, 2015. [arXiv Preprint]
- S. Guo, K. Xu, C. Xu*, Z. Ren and B. Xiao, Start-up phase plasma discharge design of a tokamak via control parameterization method, Chinese Physics B, Vol. 24, Issue 3, pp. 035202, 2015.
- C. Xu, Y. Dong, Z. Ren, H. Jiang and X. Yu, Sensor deployment for pipeline leakage detection via optimal boundary control strategies, Journal of Industrial & Management Optimization, Vol. 11, pp. 199 - 216, 2015.
The Year of 2014
- X. Yu, C. Xu*, H. Jiang, J. Chu, Local exponential stabilization of Fisher's equation using the backstepping technique, Systems & Control Letters, Vol. 74, pp.1 - 7, 2014.
- D. Huang, X. Li, J. Xu, C. Xu* and W. He, Iterative learning control for linear distributed parameter systems - frequency domain design and analysis, Systems & Control Letters, Vol. 72, pp. 22 - 29, 2014.
- X. Yu, R. Cheng, H. Jiang, Q. Zhang and C. Xu*, The approximation for the boundary optimal control problem of Burgers-Fisher equation with constraints, Applied Mathematics & Computation, Vol. 243, pp. 889 - 898, 2014.
- X. Yu, C. Xu*, The approximation for the boundary optimal control problem of heat equation defined in a variable domain, Chinese Physics B, Vol. 23, pp.040201-1-7, 2014.
The Year of 2013
- B. Li, C. Xu*, K. Teo and J. Chu, Time optimal Zermelo's navigation problem with moving and fixed obstacles, Applied Mathematics & Computation, Vol. 224, pp.866 - 875, 2013.
- D. Huang, J. Xu, X. Li, C. Xu, M. Yu, D-type anticipatory iterative learning control for a class of inhomogeneous heat equations, Automatica, Vol. 49, pp.2397 - 2408, 2013 (Regular Paper).
- C. Xu and E. Schuster, Low dimensional modeling of linear heat transfer systems using the incremental proper orthogonal decomposition method, Asia-Pacific Journal of Chemical Engineering, Vol. 8, pp.473 - 482, 2013.
- C. Xu, Y. Ou, E. Schuster, X. Yu, Computing open-loop optimal control of the q-profile in ramp-up tokamak plasmas using the minimal-surface theory, Plasma Science & Technology, Vol. 15, pp.403 - 410, 2013.
The Year of 2011
- J. Barton, Y. Ou, C. Xu, E. Schuster and M. Walker, Simserver simulation of a model-based current profile controller in the DIII-D plasma control system, Fusion Engineering & Design, Vol. 86, pp.1116 - 1119, 2011.
- C. Xu, Y. Ou and E. Schuster, Sequential linear quadratic control of bilinear parabolic PDEs based on POD model reduction, Automatica, Vol. 47, pp.418 - 426, 2011.
- Y. Ou, C. Xu, E. Schuster, T.C. Luce, J.R. Ferron, M.L. Walker and D.A. Humphreys, Receding horizon optimal control of current profile evolution during the ramp-up phase at tokamaks, Control Engineering Practice, Vol. 19, pp.22 - 31, 2011.
- Y. Ou, C. Xu, E. Schuster and ET. al., Optimal tracking control of current profile in tokamaks, IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, Vol. 19, pp.432 - 441, 2011.
The Year of 2010
- Y. Ou, C. Xu, E. Schuster, Robust control design for the poloidal magnetic flux profile evolution in the presence of model uncertainties, IEEE Transactions on Plasma Science, Vol. 38, pp.375 - 382, 2010.
- C. Xu, Y. Ou and E. Schuster, Transport parameter estimations of current density dynamics using the extended Kalman filter, IEEE Transactions on Plasma Science, Vol. 38, pp.359 - 364, 2010.
- C. Xu, Y. Ou, J.N. Dalessio, E. Schuster, T.C. Luce, J.R. Ferron, M.L. Walker, D.A. Humphreys, Ramp-up-phase current profile control of tokamak plasmas via nonlinear programming, IEEE Transactions on Plasma Science, Vol. 38, pp.163 - 173, 2010.
The Year of 2008
- Y. Ou, C. Xu, E. Schuster, T.C. Luce, J.R. Ferron and M.L. Walker, Design and simulation of extremum-seeking open-loop optimal control of current profile in the DIII-D tokamak, Plasma Physics & Controlled Fusion, Vol. 50, p.115001 (24pp), 2008.
- C. Xu, E. Schuster, R. Vazquez and M. Krstic, Stabilization of linearized 2D magnetohydrodynamic channel flow by backstepping boundary control, Systems & Control Letters, Vol. 57, pp.805 - 812, 2008.
The Year of 2007
- E. Schuster, C. Xu, N. Torres, E. Morinaga, C. K. Allen, and M. Krstic, Beam matching adaptive control via extremum seeking, Nuclear Instruments & Methods in Physics Research A, Vol. 581, pp.799 - 815, 2007.
- Y. Ou, T.C. Luce, E. Schuster, J.R. Ferron, M.L. Walker, C. Xu, and D.A. Humphreys, Towards model-based current profile control at DIII-D, Fusion Engineering & Design, Vol. 82, pp.1153 - 1160, 2007. pdf
The Year of 2004
- C. Xu and X. Yu, Mathematical modeling of elastic inverted pendulum control system, Journal of Control Theory & Applications, Vol. 2, Issue 3, pp.281 - 282, 2004.
Selected Peer Reviewed Conference Papers
The Year of 2018
- H. Ye, J. Zhu, Z. Wang and C. Xu, An Experiment Implementation of Outdoor Formation Flight, the 8th Annual IEEE International Conference on CYBER Technology in Automation, Control, and Intelligent Systems, Tianjin, China, July 19 – July 23, 2018.
- B. Shi, C. Xu and R. Wu, Time scaling transformation in quantum optimal control computation, the Chinese Control Conference, Wuhan, Hubei, China, July 25 - 27, 2018. (IEEE CSS Beijing Chapter Young Scholar Award Finalist)
- X. Ru, Y. Weng, X. Wan and C. Xu, Ground vehicle detection and tracking for IARC mission 7, submitted to the IEEE/CSAA Guidance, Navigation and Control Conference, Xiamen, Fujian, China, August 10 - 12, 2018.
- S. Cai, E. Memin, Y. Yang, and C. Xu and others, Fluid motion estimation from image sequences via ensemble-based variational data assimilation, the American Control Conference, Milwaukee, WI, USA, June 27 - 29, 2018.
The Year of 2017
- S. Cai, E. Memin, P. Derian, C. Xu, Location Uncertainty Principle: Toward the Definition of Parameter-free Motion Estimators, International Conference on Energy Minimization Methods in Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, Venice, Italy, October, 2017. (Springer, LNCS, pp.1-15, 2017, EMMCVPR 2017)
- J. Zhu, B. Ye and C. Xu, A comprehensive simulation testbed for aerial robot in dynamic scenario using Gazebo-ROS, the Chinese Automation Congress, Jinan, Shandong, China, Oct. 20 - 22, 2017.
- Y. Huang, J. Liang, C. Xu, Stability of flapping-wing vehicle near hovering under active control by varying flapping frequency, the Chinese Automation Congress, Jinan, Shandong, China, Oct. 20 - 22, 2017.
- Z. Ren, X. Liu, C. Xu, T. Chen, Z. Wu, Optimal Control for Realizing Target Flow Velocity in 1D MHD Flow, the 36th Chinese Control Conference, Dalian, Liaoning, China, July 26 - 28, 2017.
- T. Chen, C. Xu, Z. Ren, Optimal boundary control of colloid transport by solute gradients indead-end channels, the 36th Chinese Control Conference, Dalian, Liaoning, China, July 26 - 28, 2017.
- J. Zhu and C. Xu, Air-to-ground Shepherd Problem: an Action-Delay Reinforcement Learning Approach, the American Control Conference, Seattle, WA, USA, May 24 - 26, 2017.
The Year of 2016
- J. Zhu (Undergraduate Student), J. Zhu and C. Xu, A testbed for aerial robots formation flight, the IEEE International Conference on Information & Automation, Ningbo, Zhejiang, China, July 31 - August 4, 2016. [Media]
- H. Wang, Y. Huang, C. Xu, ADRC methodology for a quadrotor UAV transporting hanged payload, the IEEE International Conference on Information & Automation, Ningbo, Zhejiang, China, July 31 - August 4, 2016.
- S. Guo, C. Xu and X. Tu, Parameter Estimation for Ginzburg-Landau Equation via Implicit Sampling, the American Control Conference, July 6-8, 2016, Boston, USA.
- T. Han, C. Ye, C. Xu and X. Wang, LS-SLAM: SLAM with Lebesgue Sampling, the American Control Conference, Boston, USA, 2016.
The Year of 2015
- J. Zhu, E. Liu, S. Guo, C. Xu, A Gradient Optimization based PID Tuning Approach on Quadrotor, the 27th Chinese Control & Decision Conference, Qingdao, Shangdong, China, 2015.
- C. Ye, Z. Wang and C. Xu, 基于AR.Drone四旋翼移动目标跟踪与触碰, the 34th Chinese Control Conference, Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China, 2015.
- T. Han, C. Xu, R. Loxton, L. Xie, Bi-objective Optimization for Robust RGB-D Visual Odometry, the 27th Chinese Control & Decision Conference, Qingdao, Shangdong, China, 2015.
The Year of 2013
- X. Li, D. Huang, J. Xu and C. Xu, Iterative Learning Control of Linear Distributed Parameter Systems–Frequency Domain Design and Analysis, the 13th International Conference on Control, Automation & Systems, Gwangju, Korea, 2013. (Outstanding Paper Award)
- Y. An (Undergraduate Student), J. Zhu, C. Xu* and L. Xie, Nonlinear programming methods for the motion planning problems of quad-rotor systems in the 3D space (in Chinese), the Chinese Control Conference, July 26-28, 2013, Xi'An, China.
- Y. An (Undergraduate Student), C. Xu, Q. Lin and R. Loxton, Optimal path planning for Dubins' micro-robotics using switching control, the 10th IEEE International Conference on Control & Automation, Hangzhou, China, 2013. Also available at IEEExplore.
- R. Schreurs, T. Han, Q. Zhang, Y. Zhu, C. Xu, S. Weiland, Open loop system identification for a quadrotor helicopter system, the 10th IEEE International Conference on Control & Automation, Hangzhou, China, 2013.
The Year of 2012
- H. Chen (Undergraduate Student), C. Xu, Towards using feedback mechanisms for numerical integration of Hamiltonian systems: a spring-mass benchmark, the 31th Chinese Control Conference, July 25-27, 2012, Hefei, China.
The Year of 2011
- C. Xu, A Quick Survey of Nuclear Fusion and Plasma Control, the 30th Chinese Control Conference, July 22-24, 2011, Yantai, Shandong, China
- C. Xu and E. Schuster, Rank-1 Incremental Proper Orthogonal Decomposition based Model Order for High Dimensional Linear Systems, the 2011 American Control Conference, June 29-July 1, 2011, San Francisco, California, USA.
The Year of 2010
- C. Xu, L. Luo and E. Schuster, On the Recursive Proper Orthogonal Decomposition Method and Applications to Distributed Sensing in Cyber-Physical Systems, the 2010 American Control Conference, June 30-July 2, 2010, Baltimore, Maryland, USA.
The Year of 2009
- C. Xu and E. Schuster, Control of Ramp-Up Current Profile Dynamics in Tokamak Plasmas via the Minimal-Surface Theory, the 48th Conference on Decision and Control and the 28th Chinese Control Conference, December 16-18, 2009, Shanghai, China.
- C. Xu, R. Arastoo and E. Schuster, On Iterative Learning Control of Parabolic Distributed Parameter Systems, the 17th Mediterranean Conference on Control & Automation, Thessaloniki, Greece, 2009.
- C. Xu and E. Schuster, Observer-based Stabilization of an Unstable Parabolic PDE Using the Pseudospectral Method and Sturm-Liouville Theory, the 17th Mediterranean Conference on Control & Automation, June 24-26, 2009, Thessaloniki, Greece.
The Year of 2008
- C. Xu, J.N. Dalessio and E. Schuster, Optimal Control of a Parabolic PDE system arising in Plasma Transport via Diffusivity-Interior-Boundary Actuation, the 47th Conference on Decision and Control, December 9-11, 2008, Cancun, Mexico.
- Y. Ou, C. Xu and E. Schuster, Closed-Loop Tracking Control of Poloidal Magnetic Flux Profile in Tokamaks, the American Control Conference, Seattle, Washington, USA, 2008. (Best Student Paper Finalist)
The Year of 2007
- E. Schuster, C. Xu and N. Torres, Extremum Seeking Adaptive Control of Beam Envelope in Particle Accelerators, the IEEE Conference on Control Applications, October 4-6, 2006, Munich, Germany.
- 许超、叶鸿凯、朱疆成. 一种四旋翼飞行器室外编队灯光表演系统及控制方法，中国，发明专利，已提交审查
- 许超、翁一桢. 一种基于直接法与惯导融合的飞行器位姿估计方法，中国，发明专利，已提交审查
- 许超、朱均、朱疆成. 借助双鱼眼的无人机视觉自体感知集群系统，中国，发明专利，已提交审查
- 许超、郭磊、钱琴芳、夏燕飞、王红梅. 一种基于目标跟踪与手势识别技术的手术无影灯及其控制方法，中国，发明专利，已提交审查
- 许超、邱炜. 一种敏捷卫星零偏流角成像的最优姿态机动规划方法，中国，发明专利，已提交审查
- 许超、朱疆成、朱均. 借助虚拟现实的无人机机械臂空中作业系统及其控制方法，201610929533.4，发明专利，公开
- 许超、朱疆成、邱炜. 一种无人机多机混合任务集群系统，201710483553.0，发明专利，公开
- 许超、叶昊阳. 一种用于多旋翼飞行器的微波雷达测速距系统及方法，中国，发明专利，已提交审查
- 许超、叶波. 一种基于定位传感装置的飞行器定位方法，中国，发明专利，通过初步审查
- 许超、茹祥宇、叶长春. 一种多旋翼飞行器闭源飞控的控制器，2017-4-5授权，中国，发明专利，ZL201610058626.7
- 谢磊、张泉泉、许超. 用于四旋翼飞行器模型高精度辨识的实验平台及方法，2015-07-15授权，中国，发明专利，CN104777829A
- 许超、陈特欢、刘恩东、谢磊、徐巍华. 用于海底石油管道泄漏检测与定位的装置， 2014年12月授权，中国，发明专利，CN103090193A
- 邱炜，任意目标轨迹TDICCD 推扫成像姿态机动规划方案，浙江大学智能系统与控制研究所，浙江大学， 2016年10月
Thesis & Dissertations
- Robustness improvement of state estimation algorithm in mobile robotics, Tao Han, Master Thesis, 2015
- Experiment platform design and system identification research of quadrotor, Quanquan Zhang, Master Thesis, 2015
- Computational optimal control methods of several spatial-temporal processes in fusion plasmas, Zhigang Ren, PhD Thesis, 2016
- On locolization and object tracking for IARC mission 7, Changchun Ye, Master Thesis, 2016
- Homing trajectory optimization and 3D simultion of parafoil system, Haiyan Liang, Master Thesis, 2016
- Computational optimal control of pipeline flows, Tehuan Chen, PhD Thesis, 2016
- Monocular visual inertial 0dometry for quadrotor systems, Bo Ye, Master Thesis, 2017
- Path tracking control of operational quadrotor platform, Hongda Wang, Master Thesis, 2017